Summer 2016 Workout Playlist
There are a lot of songs I am currently digging on my workout playlist. Here are the songs I’ve added to my ever growing iTunes playlist in the last month:
- “Light It Up” by Major Lazer (with Nyla & Fuse)
You may have heard of this song thanks to the new Malibu Rum commercials. I have been a big Major Lazer fan for a long time (I saw them in concert back in 2010) and they always bring the energy.
- “This Is What You Came For” by Calvin Harris (feat. Rihanna)
This is probably the biggest song of the summer right now, so there’s a good chance it’s already on your playlist, but it still deserves to be here.
- “Five More Hours” by Deorro (feat. Chris Brown)
- “Calm Down” by G-Eazy
This song hasn’t gotten nearly enough airplay. It’s hands down my favorite G-Easy song yet and references Keak Da Sneak – I’m always a sucker for Bay Area love.
- “I’m In Control” by AlunaGeorge
AlunaGeorge continues to produce electronic/synth songs with dreamy vocals. Love this one.
- “Girls Like” by Tinie Tempeh (feat. Zara Larsson)
- “Be Right There” by Diplo and Sleepy Tom
Diplo makes my list again (he’s a member of Major Lazer). This song, like the song by Deorro has more of an EDM festival vibe, but the high BPM makes it great for working out.
- “For Free” by DJ Khaled (feat. Drake)
Another huge summer anthem. This collaboration is hard to beat.
- “Gold” by Kiiara
A little more relaxed than a lot of the other songs in this playlist, so this one is great for running when you’ve hit your stride and are just cruising.
- “All In My Head (Flex)” by Fifth Harmony (feat. Fetty Wap)
- “Don’t You Need Somebody?” by RedOne (feat. Enrique)
This song is really picking up on the radio right now. It’s extremely catchy and features a whole bunch of people (Shaggy?!) that make it feel like a early 2000s throwback.
What is your favorite song for working out right now?
Is there a song on my list that you currently love/hate/love-to-hate?